pinterest button

Thursday 2 August 2012

Damien Hirst

Damien Hirst with For the Love of God, platinum, diamond, human teeth, 2007



























I was fortunate enough to be able to see the Damien Hirst exhibit at the Tate Modern in London this summer. The following posts are about pieces of his work as I experienced it there. (Sadly, I did not get to see For the Love of God, pictured above.)


"In (Damien) Hirst's work, truth resides not in absolutes, but in dualities and in the continual push and pull between them: 'Life and death are the biggest polar opposites there are. I like love and I like hate ... I like all those opposites. On and off. Happy and sad. In an artwork, I always try to say something and deny it at the same time.'"
-- Anne Gallagher, from the curatorial text accompanying the Damien Hirst  retrospective at the Tate Modern, 2012






No comments: