pinterest button

Thursday 26 January 2017

(a poem for the work of non-being, of un-becoming)








































I know, now, what I am craving; and it’s emptiness.
Maybe that’s what the finish line looks like in my head.
No room for anything but everything.
(Fewer words, longer silences.)

A hollowness within, that merges with the hollowness around me. 
The hollowness of the universe.

The thinning out of the self,
becoming nothing more than a translucent and porous membrane.
A bubble skin
containing only space,
where the space
(hollowness)
(emptiness)
(non-being)
is the point.

I am a smallness within the expansiveness that is god,

standing alone in a massive stone cathedral,
all Gregorian echoes
and Vermeer light.

I am losing my self in the work of non-being.
Distilled.
Essential.
Pure.

The nothing that is everything.



Wendy Stefansson



No comments: