pinterest button

Thursday 2 January 2014

love is blindness...

Wendy Stefansson. Untitled 17-1.  Light leak photo. 2005














Two flames
reaching out to each other across
the darkness,
driven by the emptiness,
the blindness within.


This photograph was made by physically manipulating a canister of unexposed film to allow the light to leak in. It's a technique I explored over a period of a few years, damaging the film casing in a variety of different ways; making marks and causing flares both intentional and unpredictable. In this case, I bit the canister until it came open. The dark marks within the light are where my teeth compressed the film.

The title of this post is borrowed from a song by U2.



For more about my light leak photos, see my post at http://inno-particular-order.blogspot.ca/2014/01/wendy-stefansson.html.



No comments: